[python-committers] New Authenticode certificate

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Jan 22 04:44:19 EST 2016

On 21.01.2016 20:42, Steve Dower wrote:
> On 21Jan2016 1031, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> I'm the one who handles the PSF StartSSL account and yes,
>> they also do code signing certificates.
>
> Did they provide our current certificate? The root CA is VeriSign, not StartCom.
>
> I have no particular issue with changing CA, but I really don't want multiple PSF-labelled code
> signing certificates floating around out there.

We have switched to StartSSL for most of our certificate needs.
Some certs are also created using Gandi (for a few
externally hosted python.org subdomains) or Digicert (for
fastly cached domains):

https://wiki.python.org/psf/PSF%20SSL%20Certificates
(you need a PSF wiki login to view the page)

The older Verisign ones were from before the PSF attempted to
centralize the certificate management.

I'll send you the instructions on how to create a CSR for the
cert offlist.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 22 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/