[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Tue Mar 1 04:33:00 EST 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Stefan Krah <stefan at bytereef.org> wrote:

> Wondering what a Monty Python episode about CoCs would look like ...

I think you're misunderstanding Monty Python's humour if you think they'd
have made one about the CoC :) They were very much for punching upward, not
kicking downward. They ridiculed themselves and the environments they came
from, not those thinking of others. Certainly not measures taken to make
the playing field more open and clear for everyone. (Contrast with, say,
South Park, which inherited Monty Python's visual humour with an entirely
different stance on social responsibility ;P)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

Hi! I'm an email virus! Think twice before sending your email to help me
spread!