[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Tue Mar 1 04:50:41 EST 2016

Le 01/03/2016 10:33, Thomas Wouters a écrit :

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Stefan Krah <stefan at bytereef.org
> <mailto:stefan at bytereef.org>> wrote:
>
>     Wondering what a Monty Python episode about CoCs would look like ...
>
> I think you're misunderstanding Monty Python's humour if you think
> they'd have made one about the CoC :) They were very much for punching
> upward, not kicking downward.

Why would ridiculing a CoC have anything to do about kicking downward?
Promoters of CoCs are certainly mostly found in the same social classes
as their detractors.

Monty Python have ridiculed militant practices and jargon in the past
(e.g. the anarcho-syndicalist commune in Holy Grail, or the various
Liberation Fronts in Life Of Brian).  I'm sure if the CoC frenzy had
appeared in the 1970s they'd have made fun of it too.

Note ridiculing a CoC is not the same thing as ridiculing marginalized
people, just as ridiculing a self-proclaimed "Workers' Party" is not the
same thing as ridiculing factory workers.

Regards

Antoine.