[python-committers] Call For Participants For The 2016 Python Language Summit
ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 11:26:56 EST 2016
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> It's that time once again: time to start planning for the 2016 Python
> Language Summit! This year the summit will be at the Oregon Convention
> Center in Portland, Oregon, USA, on May 28th.
Thanks for chairing this again!
> Sadly, again this year Michael Foord won't be in attendance.
> Second: we're using a Google Form to collect signups. This one form lets
> you request an invitation to the summit, and also optionally propose a talk.
In case folks are taking requests, I'd love to hear about:
* status report on core workflow improvements
* how typing has been received and what's next (e.g. more integration
into the compiler, multiple dispatch)
* Python in the embedded/-ish space (e.g. MicroPython, BBC MicroBit,
RaspberryPi, android, iOS, ARM)
* status of alternate implementations and tool chains:
FWIW, I've offered to present the following (as a last resort <wink>):
* about C OrderedDict
* about my Multi-core Python project
* the successor to PEP 406 ("Improved Encapsulation of Import State")
More information about the python-committers