[python-committers] Call For Participants For The 2016 Python Language Summit

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed Mar 2 11:47:43 EST 2016

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 at 08:27 Eric Snow <ericsnowcurrently at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Larry Hastings <larry at hastings.org> wrote:
> > It's that time once again: time to start planning for the 2016 Python
> > Language Summit!  This year the summit will be at the Oregon Convention
> > Center in Portland, Oregon, USA, on May 28th.
>
> Thanks for chairing this again!
>
> >  Sadly, again this year Michael Foord won't be in attendance.
>
> :(
>
> > Second: we're using a Google Form to collect signups.  This one form lets
> > you request an invitation to the summit, and also optionally propose a
> talk.
>
> In case folks are taking requests, I'd love to hear about:
>
> * status report on core workflow improvements
> * how typing has been received and what's next (e.g. more integration
> into the compiler, multiple dispatch)
> * Python in the embedded/-ish space (e.g. MicroPython, BBC MicroBit,
> RaspberryPi, android, iOS, ARM)
> * status of alternate implementations and tool chains:
>   - pyjion
>   - pyston
>   - pypy
>   - jython
>   - ironpython
>   - cython
>   - numba
>   - others?

I've put in for a 20 minute slot request for Pyjion to give the team a mini
version of our actual Python talk to find out if we even have a chance of
getting the C API changes we want merged in. I have no issue talking about
the GitHub transition or about my push for the CoC applying everywhere, but
I'm not sure if (B|L)arry want to give me so many talk slots (I suspect the
CoC bit can be a lightning talk).

-Brett