[python-committers] Redoing the C API? (was: Call For Participants For The 2016 Python Language Summit)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 19:49:03 EST 2016

> But I do think the spirit of Victor's idea is worth considering.

Oh, another note about such theorical API. For CPython, it would be
nice to experiment to implement such new API *on top* of the existing
Python C API. And it should be a third party project to get more
contributors, faster feedback, etc. As I wrote, supporting Python 2.7
and 3.4 with the same API is important to ensure that the API is
widely used.

Maybe I should start to collect ideas somewhere...

Victor