[python-committers] Making the PSF CoC apply to core developers

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Mar 4 16:31:44 EST 2016

The discussion about the Code of Conduct has sputtered out, so I'm going to
assume those who care to speak up have at this point. It seems to me that
the general agreement is that putting python-dev and bugs.python.org under
the CoC might not solve any real issues we currently have, but it won't
hurt anything either (and both python-committers and python-ideas are
already covered). And since the CoC might make some people feel more
comfortable in participating, that means going ahead and flipping on the
CoC where we reasonably can.

So what I will do is try to convince the managers of python-dev to put it
under the CoC and get the CoC mentioned in the footer of  bugs.python.org.
I will update the devguide to say that the various mailing lists and issue
tracker are under the CoC so people are aware, but I won't go as far as I
was originally proposing about covering all public, Python-related
interactions. Once we move to GitHub we will most likely have a
CONTRIBUTING file that links to the devguide and that file will mention
that interactions involving the repo are under the CoC (or some other
wording that says pull requests fall under the Code of Conduct).