[python-committers] Davin Potts as a new committer

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Sat Mar 5 01:44:15 EST 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM Raymond Hettinger <
raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Mar 4, 2016, at 4:07 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> >
> > I guess I'm just worried about the health of this project. I'm doing
> what I can through the migration to GitHub to make it easier for others to
> get involved while making it easier for us to accept the work of others,
> but the maintenance and health of this team worries me. For instance, if
> you look at the developer's log you will notice we only gained 2 core devs
> for all of 2015 and the last one was August 2015:
>
> Last year on this list, I recommended that Davin Potts be granted core
> developer status for his on-going work on the multiprocessing module.  This
> group collectively said no, leaving Davin in an odd and uncomfortable limbo.

Huh?  Searching for Davin Potts in my mail, I see a ~27 message long thread
from January 2015 about that.  Many of us were +1 to give him commit rights.

I personally assumed it had happened, but the only objections seemed to be
"lets see some patches first"... That part has happened:

Among the *other* things in my mail with Davin's name mentioned are several
streams of committed patches over the past year or so on multiprocessing
related issues (as expected), including recently.

berker.peksag, martin.panter and serhiy.storchaka have been the primary
committers of said Davin patches.

Let's get Davin a commit bit.

-gps