[python-committers] 3.6.0 Beta Phase Development

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Sep 13 12:31:19 EDT 2016

 - python-dev

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:15:06 -0400, Ned Deily <nad at python.org> wrote:
> 2016-12-04 3.6.0 release candidate 1 (3.6.0 code freeze)
>
> 2016-12-16 3.6.0 release (3.6.0rc1 plus, if necessary, any dire emergency fixes)

IMO, if any dire emergency fixes are necessary there should be an rc2,
which then becomes the release version.  But I understand that the goal
is to have *no* dire emergency fixes, and so be able to go right from
rc1 to release.

In particular, I am reading your policy on rc1 to mean that unlike in
the past, even if someone reports "a bug" in rc1, it won't be fixed in
3.6.0 unless it is a "break the world" regression or a "brown bag release"
level problem.  Anything less significant will just get shipped.

Is that correct?

--David