[python-committers] Requirements to get the "bug triage" permission?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 12:11:44 EST 2017

Hi,

Ok, thanks Ezio and David. I completed my list:
https://github.com/vstinner/cpython_core_tutorial/blob/master/core_developer.rst#bug-tracker

My initial question is to know if bug triage permission can be seen as
a first "award" / "badge" to recognize that contributions of someone
are useful. Contributions can only be made of code pull requests, or
another "project" tightly coupled to CPython like the documentation,
the development workflow, etc.

My problem is now that the list of requirements is very long. It's
like you should already practice triage for weeks before being seen as
ready to get the triage power.

So do you think that it's bad idea to use triage as an award? Or is it
just a matter of adjusting requirements?

I have a few people in mind that I would like to give them triage
permission, but I don't know that they contributed much to the bug
tracker. I don't expect them to be active on the bug tracker neither.

Victor