[python-committers] Requirements to get the "bug triage" permission?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 17:17:33 EST 2017

> Depends on what you exactly mean with "award".

See my reply to David.

> If the contributor knows what they are doing and they
> are helpful, we can "award" them with the triager bit, but this award
> shouldn't be given for unrelated accomplishments.

My problem is that we don't have a long list of "awards" in Python:
the triage bit and the commit bit...

I had some ideas to create badges, but before I come with something
concrete, I'm trying to build something with what we already have ;-)

> Becoming a triager is a step to becoming a committer: we bestow them
> with some responsibility and trust, and if they do well, we can give
> them even more with the committer bit.

Oh, this is exactly my intent. Sorry if I picked the wrong words :-p

I promoted Cheryl Sabella and Sanyam Khurana to encourage them to
become even more active ;-)

Victor