[python-committers] Statistics: growth of core dev number vs growth of the code size/complexity

Berker Peksağ berker.peksag at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 22:49:21 EST 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a quick & dirty parser to compute statistics on *new* CPython
> core developer per year using the following page as data:
> https://devguide.python.org/developers/
>
> 2007: 15
> 2008: 19
> 2009: 11
> 2010: 20
> 2011: 12
> 2012: 9
> 2013: 4
> 2014: 10
> 2015: 2
> 2016: 5
> 2017: 2
>
> Compare these numbers to Stéphane Wirtel's statistics on pull requests:
>    https://speakerdeck.com/matrixise/cpython-loves-your-pull-requests
>
> => Number of active core developerson on GitHub pull requests: 27
> (stats from February 2017 to October 2017)
> (I'm not sure of the meaning of this number, it's the number of core
> developer who authored pull requests, I don't think that it counts
> core developers who only made reviews.)

Is there an easy way to merge the first two stats? It would be
interesting to see a table like this:

Number of active core developers     |    Year of their first commit

4                                                         |    2012
3                                                         |    2014

--Berker