[python-committers] RFC: Process to become a core developer

Antoine Pitrou antoine at python.org
Thu Dec 7 18:32:29 EST 2017

Le 07/12/2017 à 23:38, Victor Stinner a écrit :

> Another option is the idea proposed in parenthesis, that contributors
> mentor them each other. I wouldn't count as the official required
> mentoring, but it would help anyway. I think that it is already
> happening right now on the core-mentorship mailing list, helping each
> other.

Yes, well... core-mentorship has existed for years now (*), yet the
number of promoted core developers has dwindled.  I wouldn't count it as
a success, at least not from that perspective (even though it may be a
success from other perspectives) ;-)

(*) it was created in 2011 AFAICT:
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2011-March/110077.html

Regards