[python-committers] Mentoring Julien Palard (core), Cheryl Sabella (bug) and Sanyam Khurana (bug)

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 16:01:05 EST 2017

I agree with Mariatta, I don't think that yet another mailing list is
needed ;-)

Brett: it's ok reject Cherl's subscription, maybe it's just a
misunderstanding. I added Cheryl in CC to my email to python-commiters when
I announced that she got the bug triage permission. Maybe such email should
be sent to the core-mentorship mailing instead to be more consistent?

Victor

Le 9 déc. 2017 19:37, "Mariatta Wijaya" <mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> I think questions about triaging can be asked in the regular
> core-mentorship as those are useful for all contributors and core devs.
>
> On Dec 9, 2017 10:23 AM, "Carol Willing" <willingc at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 9, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have a subscription request to python-committers from Cheryl. Im
>> planing rejecting it since we have kept this list only to committees, but I
>> didn't want it to come off as rude when it happens.
>>
>> I also don't know if we want a triage-only list.
>>

>> Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a "core mentorship - triage" list
>> which core devs interested in mentoring and triage can help answer
>> questions from Cheryl and Sanyam and others down the road. Nice things
>> about a list like this is it could be low traffic and supportive while
>> helping to build maintainer skills over time. I would be happy to moderate
>> and encourage folks on a list like that.
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 9, 2017, 05:13 Victor Stinner, <victor.stinner at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For your information, I just sent emails to Julien, Cheryl and Sanyam
>>> to notify them that I will their mentor during one month.
>>>
>>> I asked them to ask me to double check before merging a pull request
>>> (Julien) or closing a bug (Cheryl and Sanyam).
>>>
>>> Since I'm trying for formalize the whole process to become a core dev,
>>> I kept a copy of my emails to serve as template for future mentors:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/vstinner/misc/blob/master/cpython/mentor_
>>> core_dev_email.rst