[python-committers] Security: please enable 2-factor authentication on GitHub and your email

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:47:50 EST 2017

> Ssh isn't available everywhere, I don't want to install an app or give
> out my phone number to half of Silicon Valley [1].

SMS and FreeOTP are just a few options that you have to generate/get OTP.

I suggest to use Yubikey. It doesn't need to install an app or to give
your phone number, but it costs 50$. The advantage is that you can use
it to store your SSH and GPG keys.

See also https://www.u2fzero.com/ "A secure and open source 2 factor
authentication token. Designed to be affordable and reliable."

Victor