[python-committers] AppVeyor off?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 08:51:30 EDT 2017

On 17 July 2017 at 21:29, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:

> Nevermind, it seems to have come back online.

I've occasionally seen that not just with Appveyor, but also with
other pre-merge CI systems: it seems like their event monitoring queue
and/or task scheduler can get backed up (sometimes significantly), so
it takes them a while to report back that they've seen the PR and have
a test run scheduled.

Travis is the most reliable I've seen when it comes to getting their
"Result pending" status back in promptly, so my assumption is that
they actually send that back before (or in parallel with) scheduling
the CI run itself.

Cheers,
Nick.