[python-committers] My (positive) feedback on the new CPython workflow

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 07:56:30 EDT 2017

On 18 July 2017 at 21:36, Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rather like the new workflow (except few lost features), but I afraid than
> many core developers are feeling uncomfortable with it.

Aye, I think for folks already familiar with git and PR-style
workflows through other projects, it's been almost a pure win,
especially as various aspects have become more automated.

However, for folks that *weren't* already familiar with those, it's a
pretty steep learning curve, and one accompanied by a non-trivial
increase in the overall pace of development.

So in addition to thanking the folks working on the migration and the
associated automation, I'd also like to explicitly thank Mariatta,
Terry, Zachary, and everyone else that has contributed to the git
cheatsheet and other workflow documentation updates in the developer's
guide.

Cheers,
Nick.