[python-committers] My (positive) feedback on the new CPython workflow

Mariatta Wijaya mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 19:53:25 EDT 2017

> >  2. Bot to backport PRs (which could also be automatically merged)
> So, to me, this is the priority item on the list.

I'm planning to work on the cherry-pick bot this during the core sprint in
September. Unless someone beat me to it.

Automatically close stale PRs (e.g. not signing CLA, changes
>     requested but not being made, etc.)

This is also in my sprint plan, but only if I finish the cherry-pick bot :)
Further discussion can be done here:
https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/93

What does 'close' (without merging) mean?

The PR will be closed. The branch containing the changeset will still be
available in the contributor's fork of CPython.
Unless they delete it too.

On GitHub You can search for PRs that are closed but not merged by using
the filters:
is:pr is:closed is:unmerged

A list of closed PRs that were not merged
https://github.com/python/cpython/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%
3Apr%20is%3Aclosed%20is%3Aunmerged%20

I believe the reopening the PR straight-forward: click on the "Reopen pull
request" button.

Mariatta Wijaya