[python-committers] My (positive) feedback on the new CPython workflow

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Jul 24 03:48:32 EDT 2017

On 07/18/2017 03:24 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
> Thank you Larry Hastings, Brett Cannon and others who helped to write
> and integrate blurb: no more Misc/NEWS conflict, it's just amazing :-)
> We *all* wanted that for *years*!

Thanks everybody!  I'm glad it's been so well received.

By coincidence, I only saw this thread today, /*after*/ spending hours
working through the last blurb integration issues. But it's been a
success.  And I'm pleased to announce I'll be releasing 3.5.4rc1 and
3.4.7rc1 with blurb fully integrated!  There were a few surprising
ramifications of blurb--but nothing we can't live with.

One nice side-effect of blurb: the formatting on Misc/NEWS, and
therefore whatsnew/changelog.html, is somewhat improved.  Every entry
starts with a nice blue bpo-#### link, the section headers are 100%
consistently spelled and in a consistent order, and we even have a shiny
new "Security" section that goes at the top above "Core and Builtins".

//arry/