[python-committers] macOS builds conditionally turned on for Travis

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Jun 3 13:39:45 EDT 2017

I have turned on macOS builds on Travis for all active branches, but for
now the builds are allowed to fail. The latter detail is so that we can be
sure that the tests are stable on Travis before blocking on it as well as
see if the added build time is acceptable for blocking a PR on. If the
tests end up being stable for at least a week and the added time is deemed
acceptable then we can make the macOS builds required for Travis to be
considered passing.

I'm using https://github.com/python/core-workflow/issues/91 to track the
requirements discussion.