[python-committers] Revert changes which break too many buildbots

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:42:56 EDT 2017

>> What do you think? Would you be ok with such rule?
>
> I think we first should make buildbots notifying the author of a
> commit that broke tests or building, so his can either quickly fix the
> failure or revert his commit.

One or two months ago, I created a new buildbot-status mailing list
which gets notifications of buildbot failures:
https://mail.python.org/mm3/mailman3/lists/buildbot-status.python.org/

I'm happy because we get less and less random failures, but I don't
feel confortable yet to spam the author of changes when a buildbot
fails for an unrelated reason like a network issue.

Analyzing buildbot failures is still a manual step, so I propose to
make a compromise here ;-)

Reading buildbot logs is a boring task, I don't expect that everyone
do it. I cannot require that all contributors take care of the CI. But
I consider that it's part of my job, I'm fine with that ;-)

Victor