[python-committers] Revert changes which break too many buildbots

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 05:35:54 EDT 2017

On 15 June 2017 at 00:40, Victor Stinner <victor.stinner at gmail.com> wrote:
> A recent example is Nick Coghlan's implementation of the PEP 538:
> basically, it broke all buildbots... except of Linux and Windows :-)
> And it will take a few more days to fix all failures. Well, we are
> working on fixing these issues, so I don't want to revert this change.
> It's just an example of a single change which broke many buildbots.
> The PEP 538 depends a lot on the platform, so I'm not surprised to see
> different failures per platforms ;-)

Status update on this specific change: Mac OS X should be back to
green now [1] (with some anomalous cases being skipped [2])

The tests are currently still failing on C-locale-only platforms (see
[3]), and on FreeBSD specifically (see [4])

Cheers,
Nick.

[1] http://buildbot.python.org/all/builders/x86%20Tiger%20custom/builds/7
[2] https://bugs.python.org/issue30672