[python-committers] Results of Pablo's promotion votes: Pablo is promoted as a core dev!

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:59:05 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 1:27 PM, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:
> Sadly, I was less available than I expected to review his work, and so
> I don't feel comfortable yet to stop mentoring.
>
> I asked Pablo and he is fine if I extend the mentoring to the end of
> September. I expect that one extra month should be enough, but I will
> be in holiday most of August ;-)

+1

I've been reviewing some of Pablo's PRs in the past few weeks. What
I've seen is a lot of great work and quick and positive reaction to
reviews and feedback. I'm excited to have him join the core-dev team!

I too think he would benefit from additional mentoring, including
specifically reviewing of his PRs. This is since I still often see
various small issues in his PRs, usually minor things such as
whitespace or out-of-date comments/docs/NEWS. This reminds me of
myself in my early days of contributing to Python; KBK had to be
patient with me until I learned to review my patches once more before
submitting them, and reach a more consistently high quality.

- Tal Einat