[python-committers] Reminder of BDFL succession timeline + CFP

Yury Selivanov yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:57:05 EDT 2018

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 8:29 PM Mariatta Wijaya
<mariatta.wijaya at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please don't misunderstand my wanting to set up a deadlines and process as wanting to rush things.

Absolutely, I understand, I didn't want to imply that "[name] is
rushing the process". Sorry if I sounded this way. I do have an
impression, though, that a large population of core devs is OK with
deadlines and the other sizable population doesn't understand why we
need a strict schedule right now.

> I'm open to extend the dates, and even wait another year if we need to.
> Or do folks want to come up with a completely different process than what I've proposed?
> In the end, I just want to know whether we will come to decision before 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, .. ?

IMHO we should tweak the proposal to include just *one date for now*:
we want everybody interested to post their proposals by October 1st
(we can shift it + 2 weeks if people are on vacations right now).

The discussion will inevitably start as soon as we have a couple
proposals on the table.  Some proposals will be withdrawn, some will
require tweaks, people also might come up with new proposals.  We can
then decide what our next steps (and deadlines!) considering what will
be the outcome of these first debates.


More information about the python-committers mailing list