[python-committers] List of all core developers

Stefan Richthofer stefan.richthofer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:32:46 EDT 2018

> Hmm, I don't think it is should be our (CPython) responsibility to keep
> track and maintain the list of the core devs of alternate Python
> implementations. Don't they have their own community / website? They have
> their own repo, bug tracker, governance model, and everything, right?

Core developers of Python implementations under PSF ownership were
traditionally listed in committers.txt and developer log.
This includes at least PyPy, Jython and IronPython. If you want to propose
to change this, that should be a distinct discussion
I suppose. I don't know the reason why it was originally decided to
maintain this together, but I guess that the named lists are
more a PSF thing than a CPython thing.
If you intend to change this suddenly, the communities should get at least
some transition time. I only know the situation of Jython,
where no committers list is available. Currently it relies on the lists
named above to identify committers.

Stefan