[python-committers] List of all core developers

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Aug 3 03:36:13 EDT 2018

On 02.08.2018 23:07, Brett Cannon wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 14:44 M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01.08.2018 23:28, Mariatta Wijaya wrote:
>>> See also an open issue to revamp the Developer log:
>>> https://github.com/python/devguide/issues/390
>>>
>>> Someone has also said that they're working on tracking down the dormant
>>> core devs, but now I can't find that email.
>>
>> I think the log is fine at it is, since it serves a different
>> purpose.
>>

> What is the purpose? I don't remember why we started to keep the developer
> log in that format as I have never felt the need to go back and see who
> vouched for someone or who granted the commit rights in the end.

It's good to know in which context someone received the commit
bit and who was driving it. This is part of our history and
we should maintain it as documentation of the process we have
in place for becoming a core developer.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Aug 03 2018)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/