[python-committers] MSDN Subscriptions/Renewals

Jim Baker jim.baker at python.org
Wed Aug 15 12:33:14 EDT 2018

Brian,

Thanks again for helping here!

Two additional experience stories on why MSDN is valuable for those of
working on the Python language:

   - Some of us otherwise don't run Windows devices, but would like to
   support Windows, across potentially a range of versions and natural
   languages — and their encodings. In particular, we have used MSDN to ensure
   that Jython runs quite reasonably well on Windows. (This was a big focus in
   the Jython 2.7.0 release in fact, and continues to be the case.)
   - I also used an Excel download from MSDN to verify that Jython code
   going against Apache POI (https://poi.apache.org/) worked correctly with
   both Windows and Excel; and therefore was able to write up this experience
   with Josh Juneau for an article in the Nov/Dec 2015 issue of Java Magazine.

- Jim