[python-committers] Let's give commit privileges to Nathaniel J. Smith
yselivanov.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:23:23 EST 2018
I want to propose granting commit privileges to Nathaniel J. Smith.
He's interested in the idea of becoming a core developer, and given
the quality of his contributionsI think he won't need any extensive
mentoring (although I'll be happy to assist Nathaniel in the
Nathaniel has been a prolific PEP author:
* Single-authored: PEP 465 Matrix Multiplication (accepted), PEP 521,
PEP 533, PEP 568;
* Co-authored: PEP 513 (active), PEP 516, PEP 517 (accepted), PEP 518
(accepted), PEP 522.
* Many PEPs mention his name in acknowledgements.
He also has a few sufficiently complex patches committed, some of
which touch complex areas like ceval loop and signals handling:
* bpo-32591: Add native coroutine origin tracking
* bpo-30579: Allow TracebackType creation and tb_next mutation from Python
* bpo-30050: Allow disabling full buffer warnings in signal.set_wakeup_fd
* bpo-30039: Don't run signal handlers while resuming a yield from stack
* bpo-30038: fix race condition in signal delivery + wakeup fd
He's been very active on python-dev, python-ideas, bugs.python.org and
github. Here's an example where Nathaniel's research helped us to make
a right decision to fix a broken socket object API:
He helped me quite a bit with the design of PEP 550 and PEP 567, and
he's doing some interesting work in the async/await area.
So... let's make it happen? :)
More information about the python-committers