[python-committers] Time for 3.4.9 and 3.5.6

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sun Jul 8 06:02:04 EDT 2018

On 07/08/2018 01:31 AM, Serhiy Storchaka wrote:
> I suggest to merge a 3.5 specific documentation fix for
> CALL_FUNCTION_VAR and CALL_FUNCTION_VAR_KW opcodes. There were
> undocumented changes in 3.5, and third-party projects which implement
> interpreting or generating these opcodes do it incorrectly. The
> behavior change was subtle, simple tests will not catch it.
>
> https://bugs.python.org/issue33216
> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/6365

I'm happy to consider documentation changes at any time.  As far as this
change goes: if you look at the PR you'll see I'm the one who closed
it.  While I acknowledge that the current documentation is imprecise,
this PR made the docs inaccurate, and therefore, worse.

I'm not sure these minor documentation changes need to be discussed on
python-dev.  Perhaps you can take future comments back to bpo and GitHub?

//arry/