[python-committers] Transfer of power

Neil Schemenauer nas-python at arctrix.com
Thu Jul 12 13:55:40 EDT 2018

On 2018-07-12, Yury Selivanov wrote:
> One way would be to re-elect them every 5 or so years.  Essentially,
> an N-virate is a dictator-like entity for a few years.

Modeling the body after a supreme court seems like a good idea.
They don't have to make day-to-day decisions, only settle disputes
that cannot be resolved by normal processes.

Having an N-virate entity would diffuse some of the criticism they
will almost certainly receive for their decisions.   Having them
serve for multiple years will provide more consistency of direction.
Having multiple members will allow members to be replaced without
too much disruption.

The most important decision is what will we call this entity? ;-P
I'm sure Barry will have a good idea.  Is a "cabal" the correct
term?

Cheers,

  Neil