[python-committers] Transfer of power

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Thu Jul 12 14:18:37 EDT 2018

On 12Jul2018 1102, Yury Selivanov wrote:
> IOW I don't see anyone (or some group of 3) who is as well-versed in
> everything on Guido's level.

The actual solution is to ensure the members of the group are humble
enough to admit this, and aware enough of the community to be able to
identify and nominate the people who are well-versed enough for a
particular subject.

We should *always* be able to nominate a core committer to be the
designated expert for a particular area (at least for long enough to
approve a PEP). If we cannot, the problem is that we don't have anyone
for that area, not that the triumvirate isn't well-versed enough themselves.

Cheers,
Steve