[python-committers] Transfer of power
ethan at stoneleaf.us
Thu Jul 12 16:55:30 EDT 2018
On 07/12/2018 12:28 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jul 12, 2018, at 12:16, Brett Cannon wrote:
>> Maybe another way to label this is design stewards? We seem to be
>> suggesting a cabal of folks who steward the overall design while
>> relying on experts as appropriate to handle finer details.
> I like that distinction.
As do I. My thoughts in more detail:
- the number of stewards should be five to increase stability
. the positions should be filled by majority vote of core-devs
- the terms should be for life, with the acknowledgment that stepping
down at any time for any reason is perfectly acceptable
The stewards' duties:
- appoint PEP delegates as needed (not every PEP needs a delegate)
- decide PEPs that don't have delegates
- decide on major issues (such as revision control systems, main discussion
As has been said already, there is no rush.
More information about the python-committers