[python-committers] Transfer of power

Senthil Kumaran senthil at uthcode.com
Fri Jul 13 01:55:20 EDT 2018

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:57 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

I'll still be here, but I'm trying to let you all figure something out for
> yourselves. I'm tired, and need a very long break.

Thank you, Guido, for being the BDFL of Python. As the title goes, it is
for Life.  :-)

I wouldn't worry about the governance process now.  We will figure out
something that will work.  You have steered in the right direction with the
right people.
I hope, you will find rest and peace with the break you are taking. I heard
it somewhere that there isn't a concept of retirement for artists. I am
inclined to believe that it might be the same for certain programmers.

Good luck with your happy break :-)

Thank you!
Senthil