[python-committers] Language moratorium

Stefan Krah stefan at bytereef.org
Wed Jul 18 12:11:56 EDT 2018

Hi,

if I remember correctly, we had a moratorium for language changes around
versions 3.2-3.3.  I think during that time relatively few BDFL-level
decisions were required.

Perhaps we could have one again, say for 12 months so we can figure things
out. Other Python implementations may welcome the moratorium so they can
catch up.

During that time we could just informally listen very closely to Guido if
anything requires a decision and he happens to be around. But there may be
no decisions at all.

And yes, I guess we can successfully attempt to be nice, especially to him
(thanks for this wonderful language!).

Stefan Krah