[python-committers] An alternative governance model

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Jul 18 13:56:33 EDT 2018

On Jul 18, 2018, at 03:04, Antoine Pitrou <antoine at python.org> wrote:

> If we're talking about a dictator (this is Barry's proposal), we're not
> talking about someone that just makes language design decisions, as
> Victor pointed out.

I’m talking about a singular leader who has the responsibility and vision to direct Python for as long as they are able and want to.  Just as Guido left tons of decisions to others (including this one :), so will the next BDFL.  Exactly what that mix of delegation will look like is, in my proposal, up to the NBDFL.

-Barry