[python-committers] Proposal on how to vote (was: An alternative governance model)

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Jul 18 19:34:39 EDT 2018

Excerpts from Łukasz Langa's message of 2018-07-18 17:31:40 -0500:
> The PSF uses a good voting system where votes are secret. I see no reason not to reuse this infra.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Łukasz Langa

This feels like a case where a consensus-based voting system may
be better than one that depends on amassing raw votes.

https://civs.cs.cornell.edu is a hosted version of Condorcet that
is reliable, easy to use, and allows for public review of the ballots
(without associating them with the person casting them).

Doug