[python-committers] Proposal: an explicit, time-limited moratorium on finalizing any governance decisions

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 20:04:57 EDT 2018

> Oct 1: Deadline for people to come up with proposals of governance model,
> candidates, and how to vote
> Dec 1: Deadline to choose a governance model, (and if possible, we choose
> the new leader(s) too)

What happens between October and December? People have 2 months to
vote for their preferred governance? Why is the vote open for 2
months? Can't we vote in 2 weeks for example?

I guess that "Deadline" means that we are allowed to agree on
something earlier :-) In that case, I'm fine with that.

Victor