[python-committers] Wrongly stopping merges discourages merging.

Steve Dower steve.dower at python.org
Sun Jun 3 22:30:50 EDT 2018

We probably have enough data on the VSTS builds by now to see whether they are comparable/faster than AppVeyor. Obviously the idea of doing that work was to be able to migrate builds if it made sense, and if we decide not to then they get ripped out (non-binding PR checks are confusing IMHO, particularly when they duplicate required checks).

I have no idea whether that discussion is still ongoing on core-workflow, but if it seems better then maybe it’s time? Anyone can view the VSTS build history starting from https://python.visualstudio.com/cpython/_build and browsing into the build definition of interest.

Top-posted from my Windows 10 phone