[python-committers] Vote to promote Pablo Salingo Salgado as core developer

Carol Willing willingc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 19:03:47 EDT 2018

+1 With Victor's mentoring (1 or 2 months), I believe that it is reasonable to promote Pablo to a core developer either now or after 3 months of coaching.

I would also like to see Cheryl Sabella who has been very active on the bug tracker to also be promoted to a core developer as well as Emily Morehouse who has been at the Language Summit for several years.

I'm happy to trust Victor's perspective as well as Pablo being respectful of the merge process.

FWIW, I also believe that triaging issues, writing documentation, and contributing code are all valuable to the success of CPython. Without issue triage and quality documentation being valued, the users and contributors suffer a lack of information and efficiency as well as demotivating potential developers.