[python-committers] Changing commiter status

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Jun 19 13:13:33 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 10:12 PM Tal Einat <taleinat at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:54 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > If we currently have a list of core devs we should by default change
> people's status to emeritus core dev when they choose (c). They may also
> choose to be removed from such a list. But I don't know if we have a list.
>
> We have at least one list on the developers' guide:
> https://devguide.python.org/developers/
>
> It's more of a log of permissions granted and dropped. It also has a
> section titled "Permissions Dropped after Loss of Contact", currently
> with a single entry.

Hm, yeah, and it's incomplete (original developers like Jack are not listed
at all). The UX of the tree separate reverse-chronologically ordered lists
is also debatable: I'd have two lists, current core devs (with a record of
when and by whom they were given permissions, as the current list) and
emeritus core devs (with the same record, plus a record of when and why
their permission was dropped).

On the plus side, I spent a minute of nostalgia while perusing the older
entries...

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)