[python-committers] If I backport to 3.7, it will not go into 3.7.0, correct?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 23 10:31:35 EDT 2018

On 6/23/2018 8:37 AM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
> I have a few things I want to fix in 3.7.1, but don't need to be 3.7.0.
> I can backport those to the 3.7 branch now, correct?

Correct. 'backport 3.7' == backport into 3.7.1.  I have done this
several times already.

> Reading Ned's message I wasn't exactly sure of the timing and don't want
> to screw things up. I assume he's keeping a private branch for 3.7.0.

We no longer embargo an x.y branch during the release process, which is
much nicer.  If you wanted something in 3.7.0 you would have to mark as
release blocker and be very persuasive that he should cherry-pick into
the 3.7.0 release branch.