[python-committers] [RELEASE] Python 3.8.0a1 is now available for testing

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Mon Feb 4 06:32:25 EST 2019

I packaged my first release. *wipes sweat off of face*

Go get it here:
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-380a1/

Python 3.8.0a1 is the first of four planned alpha releases of Python 3.8,
the next feature release of Python.  During the alpha phase, Python 3.8
remains under heavy development: additional features will be added
and existing features may be modified or deleted.  Please keep in mind
that this is a preview release and its use is not recommended for
production environments.  The next preview release, 3.8.0a2, is planned
for 2019-02-24.

Apart from building the Mac installers, Ned helped me a lot with the
process, thank you!  Ernest was super quick providing me with all
required access and fixing a Unicode problem I found in Salt,
thank you!

Finally, this release was made on a train to Düsseldorf. There's a PyPy
sprint there. The train is pretty cool, makes this "Wasm! Wasm!" sound.

- Ł