[python-committers] OpenMandriva and Fedora abandoned Discourse for development discussions

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 18:34:48 EST 2019

Hi,

Follow-up of the previous "Can we choose between mailing list and
discuss.python.org?" thread.

Python isn't the first project who "experimented" Discourse to replace
mailing lists. It seems like Fedora and OpenMandriva are coming back
to mailing lists, at least for "development discussions":

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/council-discuss@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/XQLY3MRJLC4CFMIRSYU5LRQSOPFF532X/

Fedora uses Mailman 3:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/

and Discourse:
https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/

Victor who is more and more confused by these topics...