[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Compiling amkCrypto in Windows

Itamar S.-T. itamarst at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 17 17:42:46 CEST 2001

--- "Jason R. Mastaler"
<jason-list-python-crypto at MASTALER.COM> wrote:
> "Itamar S.-T." <itamarst at YAHOO.COM> writes:
>
> > I'm attempting to compile amkCrypto's mxCrypto
> extension module in
> > Windows (win2000, vc6, openssl 0.9.6a, Python
> 2.0).
>
> Do you have any better luck if you compile with
> cygwin/gcc instead?

I don't think compiling with cygwin will yield
binaries that are compatible with Python (since its
compiled with Visual C)++. mingw32 *can* compile
binaries that are compatible with VC, but I've only
seen instructions for using it with Python 1.5.2 (and
changing it to 2.0 is beyond me). It does in fact
work, so if someone would help update the instructions
I could do it:

http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html

=====
Itamar Shtull-Trauring, itamar(at)shtull-trauring.org