[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Existing python APIs

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Feb 16 23:14:13 CET 2001

  AA> Hi, It seems like it would be useful to take a look at existing
  AA> pthon APIs before attempting to design a unified one.

Would something based on the Java crypto APIs make sense?  I am not
familiar with them, except that I'm aware they exist.  Using the same
API for Python would certainly make life easy for Jython users.

If people who are familiar with the Java APIs don't think we should
use them, it would be interesting to know why.  Are there any lessons
learned from the Java project?

Jeremy