[python-crypto] Add AES to amkCrypto?

PC Drew drewpc at colorado.edu
Wed Jan 31 01:14:27 CET 2001

I totally agree.  That's why I suggested an crypto-sig...mostly to
develop a standard API.  In addition to that, I think that it is
important to also develop an abstraction layer to go with the API so
that, not only do things look the same, but if you wanted to go from
one algorithm to another, it would be very easy.

If anyone is interested in defining this with me, please email me and
I'll get a list together and we can start hashing this out.  I'm also
interested in doing the same thing with compression libraries, and I'd
like some feedback on that as well.

--
PC Drew

MS> PC Drew wrote:
>>
>> I just read on Python-URL! that someone has released the new AES in
>> python. (http://deja.com/=dnc/getdoc.xp?AN=720935577)  I also
>> expressed interest in creating an encryption sig and was told of
>> amkCrytpo and m2crypto.

MS> IMHO the main problem for application and crypto lib developers is
MS> the lack of a standard API. Crypto lib developers are designing new
MS> APIs every time and application developers have to deal with the
MS> different APIs.
=>> there should be a standard class library which abstracts from
MS> various algorithms and their implementation etc.

MS> This would save time...

MS> Ciao, Michael.

MS> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
MS> www.