[python-crypto] Add AES to amkCrypto?

Itamar S.-T. itamarst at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 14:50:12 CET 2001

> IMHO the main problem for application and crypto lib
> developers is
> the lack of a standard API. Crypto lib developers
> are designing new
> APIs every time and application developers have to
> deal with the
> different APIs.
> => there should be a standard class library which
> abstracts from
> various algorithms and their implementation etc.

Yeah, this would be very useful. At some point I got a
Rijndael Python module working based on the twofish
python code (which BTW last I checked is broken), but
I ended up doing a lot of cut and pasting. Having some
code to base this on would have been saved time. Now
that there's the new AES code this isn't relevant
anyway, but still.

Itamar Shtull-Trauring, itamar(at)shtull-trauring.org

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details