[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Reviving PEP 247: Hashing API

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Sep 20 17:27:10 CEST 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 11:43:20PM -0700, Itamar S.-T. wrote:
>--- Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at MEMS-EXCHANGE.ORG>
>What is the point of having a reset() method at all?

Erm... umm... hmm...  good point.  reset() isn't in Python's built-in
md5 and SHA modules at all, so it's an addition from the cryptography
modules.  I was younger and stupider in those days, so reset()
probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

So, forget it; I'll rip reset() out of the PEP and post it to
c.l.py.announce for any final comments, but the API is now done.

Thanks, everyone!

--amk