[PYTHON-CRYPTO] aes library

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Apr 4 15:19:22 CEST 2002

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 01:33:00AM -0500, Bryan Mongeau wrote:
>cannot devote as much time as I'd like to improving my crypto lib.  I haven't
>yet participated in the conversation because I have my doubts about strong
>encryption ever being included in the standard library. I also doubt that a

There's been some discussion on the Python Software Foundation's
mailing list about the legalities required for export because of the
rotor module, and there don't seem to be any legal problems with
adding an AES module.  (Whether GvR will care, I can't say.)

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
The universe should be big enough for the both of us ... just.
    -- The Doctor, in "The Two Doctors"