[PYTHON-CRYPTO] high-performance HMAC module

Jason R. Mastaler jason-list-python-crypto at MASTALER.COM
Thu May 30 19:33:34 CEST 2002

Bryan Mongeau <bryan at EEVOLVED.COM> writes:

> As a reference point, my SHA 256 implementation hits 12 MB/s and SHA
> 384/512 hits 6 MB/s on my 800 Mhz.  Strange that the standard lib
> SHA 160 scores so low. Should be straight-forward to code properly.

Yup.  Would you be interested in taking look at optimizing the Python
lib's shamodule.c?  Lots of folks whose applications use this module
would be grateful I'm sure.  I'm not a C programmer, or else I'd have
already done it.

BTW, I also noticed an outstanding feature request for SHA 256/384/512
in the Python standard lib.  See http://python.org/sf/480967
Looks like the Python team is agreeable, provided someone can fork up
the code.

Still plenty of time for both of these to make it into Python 2.3.

--
(http://tmda.sourceforge.net/)